Friday, June 26, 2009

Ode To Michael

I just wanted to do a quick post regarding the untimely death of the master himself, Mr. Michael Jackson.

Yesterday I freaked when I saw that MJ had passed away on the local news. My heart sank and I got shivers, I just couldn't believe it. I am a HUGE fan of him and have loved his music since I was a small child. My mom used to play all of his stuff when I was little and I LOVED every single song that he did, there's not one that I didn't like. I remember when Thriller came out and I wanted to watch it so bad but when I finally saw bits of it, I had nightmares cuz it was just that good. Then in the 90's when he released the song "Black or White" I was smitten yet again, I even entered a dance/lip sync competition with that song and came in third place! I was like 10 or 11 at the time.

Growing up as a teen and in my early twenties I stared listening to a lot of the Jackson 5 songs, and was constantly blown away by his voice even as a child! A DJ friend of mine did a crazy remix of the song "One More Chance" with the song "Money Power Respect" and it was sick! I'll never forget it. It's funny cuz when it came to Pop music in the 80's most were either Madonna or Michael...I was 100% Michael all the way and will be to the end.

Throughout all the negative controversy that he had to endure, I always prayed deep in my heart that all those allegations were never true. The media is a great thing but in many cases it's a cruel monster that destroys the lives of many people to make a quick buck and Michael Jackson was definitely one of it's worst victims.

I just want to say that I love Michael and his music, he made me very happy, his voice was that of an angel and his dancing puts the devil to shame. I hope he's in a better place now and that's he's in true peace. He's going to live forever in the hearts of his fans and through his music and second to none videos. Thank you for sharing your gift with all of us and you literally truly were one of a kind.

0 comments: